- 2 lb Flat Iron steak. If you haven't tried this cut, you should. It's from the chuck, very flavorful, quick cooking.
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt
- Pull the steak out of the package, my meat counter has them hermetically sealed.
- Rinse, dry and salt and pepper.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes under plastic. This lets the salt work and raises the temperature of the meat. I hate putting ice cold meat on the grill.
- Heat up the grill, medium-high heat on either the grill or stovetop griddle.
- Hit it with some garlic salt. I know this sounds like a lot of salt, but the first salting does little for flavor and more for the surface texture of the meat.
- Cook approximately 6-8 minutes per side to an internal temp of 130F. The exact cooking time is based on the thickness of the steak.
- Rest under foil for 15 - 20 minutes.
This goes incredible with a loaf of fresh bread, some sauteed onions and corn on the cob, in season. This time of year I think the onions and bread will work, maybe with a salad.
As leftovers, those rare occasions when there are leftovers. Cold thin slices on a salad make a great lunch!
Not sure what I want to do on Sunday. Might need to wander through the meat department and see what strikes my fancy.